Timeline of Unitarian Universalist Church of Ogden

1892 – First Unitarian Society organized in Ogden

1906 – First Unitarian Church of Ogden served by the Rev. William Thurston Brown

late 1950s – Unitarian Fellowship of Ogden was established

1961 national merger of the American Unitarian Association and the Universalist Church of America to form the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) with headquarters in Boston, MA.

late 1960s – Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Ogden was reactivated

1980s – Ogden members of First Unitarian of SLC and friends met monthly in Ogden

1990 – with funding from the UUA and help of the co-ministers of South Valley UU church the Revs. Bill and Barbara Hamilton-Holway explored means to establish a congregation in Ogden

1992 – January 18, 1992 Charter Sunday for the Unitarian Universalist Society of Ogden with 62 charter members. We were holding weekly worship services at the YCC and had religious education classes for children and nursery care.

1993 – UUCS became a Welcoming Congregation , heralding its continuing philosophy of welcoming people of all ages, beliefs, races and sexual orientations

1994 – called first minister, the Rev. Sarah Lammert

1997 – October, hosted Mountain Desert District annual meeting

1997 – November, changed name from Society to UU Church of Ogden

2002 – August, welcomed Interim Minister the Rev. Kathy Reis

2002 – October to March 2003, protested on Washington Blvd the coming invasion of Iraq

2003 – May, welcomed and later ordained Matt Cochrum as our called minister

2005 – July, learned of the UU grant to help establish OUTreach Resource Center

2005 – August, welcomed and later ordained Bruce Russell-Jayne as our interim minister

2006 – April, moved to newly purchased church at 705 23rd St. without a mortgage

2007 – September, welcomed Theresa Novak as our minister

2012 – Named Breakthrough Congregation for 2012 – featured in the UU World

2014 – August welcomed the Rev. Shelley Page as our interim and later as developmental minister