“The Truth About War--A Memorial Day Reflection”
Reverend Shelley Page, Neil Gilfillan, Worship Associate Associate | May 29 - 10:30 am
We pause to honor Americans killed in war as we mark Memorial Day, recognizing the complexities of war and our need to take stock of the high human cost. Gather with us to mark this solemn and important gesture of remembrance.See what's happening Sunday...
- UUCO to March in Pride Parade on June 5! No Sunday Morning Worship That Day! May 20, 2016
- UUCO Invited to Iftar at Islamic Society of Greater Salt Lake on June 11 May 20, 2016
- Raphael Warner Starts Summer Field Placement on May 24 May 20, 2016
- Join Community Supported Agriculture @ UUCO! Info Meeting on June 19th May 20, 2016
- Join Us for the 2016 Annual Congregational Meeting! May 13, 2016
Just about 20 years ago, I was going through a divorce that coincided with the loss of my religious community. I also lived over 2,000 miles away from my family, in a place where “belonging” usually meant being part of the dominant faith. My 7-year-old daughter spent most weekends with her father, leaving me lonely and in dire need of nurturing friendships. Simply stated, I had no tribe. Read the full testimonial.